[AusNOG] possibly embarrassing question

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Sun Jun 10 16:53:22 EST 2012

Ahhhh IPv6 - that changes it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/command/reference/ipv6_10.html#wp2654545

'Table 42'
!

Each exclamation point indicates receipt of a reply.

.

Each period indicates that the network server timed out while waiting
for a reply.

?

Unknown error.

@

Unreachable for unknown reason.

Administratively unreachable. Usually, this output indicates that an
access list is blocking traffic.

Packet too big.

Host unreachable.

Network unreachable (beyond scope).

Port unreachable.

Parameter problem.

Source address failed ingress/egress policy.

Time exceeded.

No route to host.

Reject route to destination.