[AusNOG] Glad we live in Australia!

Greg McLennan mclennan at internode.on.net
Fri Jul 27 14:37:56 EST 2012

     I'v had cockatoos eating a hole on a mylar cover on pressurized
satellite dish( big 7.4 vertex c-band antena), not to mention the same
dish with flexible waveguide thats got chew marks on the rubber from
possums (and other wildlife that probably birds). I had to wrap chook
wire around the waveguide as an intrim preventative service, and put an
extra anti-bird -kit with spikes around the mylar feed window to keep
the birds at bay.

Cheers

Greg,