[AusNOG] Singapore Provider

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com
Fri Jan 27 00:33:04 EST 2012

Guys,

Just as a heads up.  I was at PTC last week and stumbled across something I hadn't fully realised prior.  During a meeting with PCCW about our Perth Data Centre they casually said "and you know we are one of the four owners of SMW3A".  I completely forgot.  Apparently they have 3Gpbs+ full circuit doing nothing from Perth to Singapore.  Knowing this route is getting rather "congested" for the other owners there is apparently a substantial chunk of capacity idle for PCCW.  Pricing they said to me was pretty good too.  So if anyone is after that redundancy/alternate path  on SMW3A to Europe/Asia then this is a bit of info I thought people might be interested in.  I had just assumed it was all pretty exhausted.

Quite extraordinary to think there is 3Gbps (full circuit) and I think 10Gbps (half circuit) available on SMW3!

[b]