[AusNOG] International link issue

Andree Toonk andree at bgpmon.net
Fri Feb 24 13:10:00 EST 2012

Hi Matthew,

.-- My secret spy satellite informs me that at 12-02-23 5:26 PM  Matthew
Moyle-Croft wrote:

> One thing I didn't see (was behind someone using AS1221 at the time :-( ) was what happened to Telstra's IPv6 table?  They have IPv6 and wondering if AS1221's IPv6 routes disappeared at the same time?

Seems like the IPv6 prefixes were not affected.

I just did a quick check for the 3 AS1221 v6 prefixes and that looked
stable. Similarly for all Australian Ipv6 prefixes. Also see this graph:
http://www.bgpmon.net/bgpmon-Australia-v6.png

The outage started at 02:40 UTC (times in chart are UTC). In the v4
chart there's a huge dip (losing 1400 prefixes at that time). Nothing
special to see in the v6 chart at that time.

Cheers,
 Andree