[AusNOG] Bogon Filtering

Eric Pinkerton Eric.Pinkerton at stratsec.net
Mon Feb 13 16:36:49 EST 2012

IMHO It's generally considered in most cases today that the caveats outweigh the benefits.  I would be interested to hear from anyone on the list who is still seeing a level of traffic being blocked by bogon filters that justifies their use.

In contrast I can say that the misuse of Bogon Filtering by others continues to cause numerous headaches for people using recently allocated ranges.