[AusNOG] telstra fttp and juniper srx110v-ha

Peter Brown rendhalver at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:57:14 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

We have just moved to south brisbane and basically telstra fttp seems to be
the cheapest option.
We just organised a the connection and they seem to give us a Cisco
srp541w.It seems to be the only supported device for the fttp connections.

I noticed an old thread about fttp that people were using Cisco 800 series
routers.
Are the connections definitely PPPoE?
I know my srx110 can do pppoe so in theory it should work.

Can anyone confirm that this is true?
I am also wondering if they will force me to use the cisco.
I have my srx110 configured quite nicely now and would rather not have to
use something else.

Thanks in advance.

Pete.