[AusNOG] Pipe IX NSW - QLD

Greg Smith greg at webmetrix.com.au
Thu Dec 13 17:26:39 EST 2012

what about their grandfather too?

________________________________

From: ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net
[mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Sean K. Finn
Sent: Thursday, 13 December 2012 16:09
To: 'Christopher Cowling'; 'Mark Tees'
Cc: 'ausnog at ausnog.net'
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] Pipe IX NSW - QLD

I've pulled my PIPE IX after an incident two weeks ago that I'm still
trying to get to the bottom of.

Someone on the QLD Pipe IX, not sure who,  not sure if deliberately or
not, poisoned my BGP.

We're still running over the details and trying to see exactly what went
on, there is perhaps a misconfiguration on a peer somewhere, or there's
a peer playing silly buggers.

I thought it was just me until now, and I don't know if todays events
are related to what happened to me a week or not ago, but I thought I'd
mention it.

My spidey-sense tells me someone's trying to play silly buggers, and if
that person is you, and you're reading this, I have enough info to trawl
through to find you and null route your grandmother.

Sean.