[AusNOG] SIP trunking DR diversion

Ed Hallett ed at teltech.net.au
Tue Dec 11 14:58:22 EST 2012

Afternoon Noggers,

More of a “is this possible” scenario:

Can a SIP trunk be diverted in a Disaster Recovery situation, including indials?

More info (as much as I have at this stage):

A client with multiple remote offices is sponsoring a company wide event at a remote location which has a large pipe, and is afraid of what will happen if the staff are trapped at the remote location for a few extra days. They have asked for a method to divert all SIP trunks to their sites to the single remote location, where staff can likely use softphones on their laptop.

The tricky bit as I can see it is the indial 1300 numbers which goes to a group, as well as QOS for up to 20 concurrent inbound/outbound phonecalls.

Does anyone have DR / High Availability experience with SIP trunking and could spare some wisdom? 6 days into the new job and I get this one .

Replies off-list are fine, but feel free to reply online – this may of interest to others.

Kind regards,

Ed – TelTech – 1300 81 55 66 | 0413 233 303