[AusNOG] ABW from a technical team perspective?

Andrew Cox andrew.cox at bigair.net.au
Tue Dec 4 15:21:47 EST 2012

Hey David,

>From my understanding, having been given a tour of one of the 'big 4' banks
workplaces where they are doing such things: The ABW environment they
foster is based around who you need to work with to work more efficiently
on any given day rather than where.

I could see it working in an environment where significant metrics/displays
could be made available throughout various areas of the building so that
NOC/Networking staff could go out, sit beside the people they need to work
with to get XYZ project done, but still be able to maintain their core
roles. It's not about pulling you away from the tools you need to do your
duties, but more about giving you the freedom to interact and discuss face
to face with the people who facilitate getting your work done.

Just my 2c worth.

- Andrew