[AusNOG] [SPAM] Re: Is CCTV a Necessity in a Data Centre?

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Mon Dec 3 10:05:18 EST 2012

But that is my point. In both instances (I assume there were only 2?) they
only helped after the fact, not during or before. Obviously the population
of data is very small, and we can't know of a thwarted attempt obviously,
but that early 90s AAPT facility for example *does* more things untoward go
on? I'm not sure I'm arguing against cameras, perhaps just about it
being illusory sense of security and only a cover-my-ass thing vs anything
preventative?

I think I'd rather a facility with a proper backup genset than one without
and a nice CCTV system, although the costs are probably incomparable.
Probably a gen x/y and  z difference here as well.