[AusNOG] mobile phones coverages alternative

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Aug 29 21:13:33 EST 2012

On 29/08/2012 2:35 PM, Qui Le wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> We work on a site where we do not get mobile signal coverage  from our telcos.
>

> However we can deploy several  Wi-fi APs throughout the building.
>

> Is there workable solution where our users can use our Wi-fi Aps to receive and
> making calls?

Maybe I'm underthinking this but... Skype? any of the VoIP clients for smartphones,
plus a VoIP account with an indial number associated?

If you are running Android it includes a built-in SIP client, no app required -
although apparently some vendors or carriers ship with the SIP function missing.

Paul.