[AusNOG] Narelle with the first ever web server

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 01:30:37 EST 2012

It's not the first time I've "pointed" to that server, but it has been
quite a while and it was a different protocol. ;-P

I spent yesterday morning at breakfast, here in Geneva, arguing about open
flow with some guy over breakfast. A great conversation, which seemed to be
on fairly even grounds at the time, then I realised he was one of the
inventors of it... had a few moments like that, actually.

[Openflow is a long way from being deployable for Internet scale stuff,
imho: no network management concepts at all!! Applications demanding
network paths is not new, but there needs to be standards. I've got no
issue with losing IP either, but they want to keep addressing so you'll
still need to learn IPv6 folks. He's keen to develop it more and accepts
all these things.]

Just been to a fantastic social media session with the one of ISOC's Next
Generation Leaders in Senegal, the former Minister of IT in Egypt, former
Secretary of State for Youth and Sport in Tunisia, and the founder of the
Campus Party. Talking about their efforts and impact. Astounding stuff. How
hundreds of kids on the ground turn into election monitors and through
pride in that activity recognise the need for social standards and
democracy. Everyone demanding we see the internet as a utility and that
governments should too.

Feel free to participate online at:
http://internetsociety.org/events/inet-conferences/global-inet-2012/participate-remotely

Of course the *online_stream_of_your_choice [1] is vibrant to overflowing.

Transcripts etc can be found via http://internetsociety.org

Cheers

Narelle

--

Narelle Clark
president, Australian Chapter
president at isoc-au.org.au

member, board of trustees, internet society