[AusNOG] ISP pricing in the NBN world

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Tue Apr 17 00:30:15 EST 2012

On 16/04/2012 8:36 PM, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:

> Interestingly, I'll point out what Apple have done with iMessage to avoid SMS tolls.  (Mainly to serve the US market which SMS is often not included in the plans).  Suddenly everyone who has iOS5 don't spend money on SMS, which, is  a good thing considering SMS is an outrageous way of paying for bits.   Admittedly it's Apple only (Android users froth here) but it shows that the value is probably not voice.

I'm amazed at the number of people who think iMessage is something new or remarkable -
like Yahoo IM, MSN Messenger, Google Messenger, Skype IM or even Jabber never existed.
Yet Another IM app, only this one runs on apple phones. Sending data messages to a
closed user group to bypass carrier messaging - whodathunkit.