[AusNOG] Preparing 100s of routers for resale

Damien Luke damien.luke at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:23:57 EST 2012

Generally they will but you'll find that the infosec team is quite separate
from the network team and far away from the asset team that is likely trying
to sell these to recover costs.

>From my time in government I've found that generally these sort of large
scale rip and replaces will be handled by contract PMs that don't understand
the consequences of this sort of information being available to random
people.  They're far more interested in making sure their
PMP/Prince2/whatever methodology is followed and that the technical details
be left to the technical resources that either don't have time to check all
of the details or find the whole process a hassle.

Damien