[AusNOG] sources of fibre attenuators

Peter Childs PChilds at internode.com.au
Fri Sep 23 16:16:37 EST 2011

Gday folks.

At some stages I've needed some attenuators to achieve the correct loss on some fibre links.

The two experiences I have had with obtaining some
 1. Deal Extreme -- cheap (like $7/$8 delivered)
 2. Another un-named australian company which was charging about 10x as much (or 5x as much after some discussion).

When both sets of Attenuators came in both were identical in marking/packaging, and the little bit of paper in the bag with measurements etc had the same font and everything -- so I am thinking they probably came from the same factory.

So interested in sources of AU based Attenuators where supplier isn't looking to finance their retirement ;)

Cheers,
  Peter