[AusNOG] Network Visualisation Tools, favourites?

phil colbourn philcolbourn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 22:03:40 EST 2011

We are generating ours from XML data that describes our network rather than
draw it by hand.

We have templates (really scripts) that generate various drawings of Core,
Edge and Aggregate nodes, and others that make drawings for each 'section'
in our network.

We start with XML data of nodes and links and use XQuery to make GraphViz
DOT files which can be converted into PNG or PDF etc.

GraphViz is used for layout, but I think we can do better manually in
future. Probably by going directly to SVG.

(I hope I remembered it correctly)

Phil
RailCorp