[AusNOG] Bulk Wiping/Flashing/Configuring Routers

Shane Short shane at short.id.au
Fri Oct 7 18:07:53 EST 2011

Hi Guys,
As a part of my day job I regularly receive refurbished cisco routers and switches which require testing/wiping/reconfiguring. I'm currently doing most of this by hand which is driving me nuts! :)

Is anyone out there using any automated expect-type (or other) scripts to wipe/provision CPE? We have an old Cisco 2511 which we use as a console server, if that helps.

Most of the gear is Cisco 87x, 18xx and Catalyst 3550/3560 switches. Any helpful suggestions or hints would be appreciated! :)

-Shane