[AusNOG] Wiki for network ops

Terry Manderson terry at terrym.net
Fri Oct 7 16:12:33 EST 2011

On 07/10/2011, at 11:34 AM, Dale Shaw wrote:

>  being able to PDF'ify articles would be nice.

There seems like a wealth of information on specific products, so I have nothing to add on that score.

My only snippet of advise is to have your document store distributed in an off-line state to all of your Ops team's workstations (or even better laptops). Write a cron that does at least a weekly grab of the wiki dumped as static html, pdf or *something* so that when things are a bit ugly and the wiki/cms just isn't up or not contactable and you have management folk wanting stuff back up asap you have a local sane copy to refer too for help. PGP (or similar) encrypt it if you must to satisfy the CISOs.

:)

..T