[AusNOG] Wiki for network ops

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Fri Oct 7 12:49:27 EST 2011

On 7/10/2011 2:25 p.m., Brad Henshaw wrote:
  and editing site templates is painful.

ya, we have a tool for that now.

I agree with Brad about the control issues, that can play both ways.

I do work on the GPLHost DTC wiki, and that's just a pia with ppl in
different languages and having to edit pages to edit menus and having it
all at one security level so there's no content control and not being
able to unpublish content as it ages.

But hey, what ever works.... some docs are better than no docs.

I'm just setting up a whole tech info web site for a project at present
and I picked Joomla from a range of choices because of the things I
could do.

We're using Wordpress for the customer facing site, but joomla for the
tech back end with exactly the sort of data you're talking about in it.