[AusNOG] Test and tag rules

Bob Woolley boblobsta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 12:59:32 EST 2011

I have been investigating the legal requirements of a DC / Computer Room to
have equipment test and tagged, and if so, at what intervals (IT hardware
specifically, jug leads and the like).
I'm specifically talking about a computer room, not offices or amenities at
a facility.

>From what I have seen of other facilities, test and tag is not generally
performed and if it is it's done very haphazardly.
I understand Elect. Safety Reg 2002 / AS3000 and exemption from RCD
requirements due to the nature of the equipment, But I cannot see any
exemption from test and tag requirements.

Can anybody shed any further light on this, how would a DC fit into this?
Have you have any experience with OH&S / Electrical safety laws?
Feel free to reply on or off-list.

-Bob W