[AusNOG] SPAM-LOW: Pipe peering issue - Equinix

Jared Hirst jared.hirst at serversaustralia.com.au
Sun Nov 13 10:19:55 EST 2011

Well that's the issue, it floods the link and blocks all traffic on the
port, looking at the pipe graphs it appears to have maxed ALOT of people's
ports in Equinix. Even the Akamai gige ports are near maxed.

We get alerts because the port became so full that traffic could not
traverse it, therefor the monitoring server thinks its down. We only have a
100mbit port to pipe.

Skeeve, I believe it is a switch issue or a customer, it keeps happening
but never a really good explanation. This time I am seeking one because I
am so over it happening.

Kindest Regards,
Jared Hirst

Servers Australia Pty Ltd