[AusNOG] [OT] Looking for contact details of law enforcement

Marcus Emanuel @ HostCorp marcus at hostcorp.com.au
Wed May 25 11:27:33 EST 2011

There is an e-crime squad in the Victoria Police

Here is the signature of a Detective who we were in contact with for an
e-crime related incident recently. Call the department and state your case

These guys can put the alleged online offence into comparable terms for you
as viewed by a court, so you can decide whether to persue it or not.  As an
example, they compared "unauthorised access to company IT resources" by an
ex-employee equivalent to a basic assault charge.

Hope the below details get you in the right direction,

Marcus.

Officers (edited) Sig Below.

"<Name Removed> | Detective Senior Constable <number removed> | E-Crime
Squad | Victoria Police
phone: (03) 9611 8829 | fax: (03) 9611 8866
address:  6 / 452 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Vic 3000 DX 210007
email:  <mailto:name%20removed at police.vic.gov.au> <name
removed>@police.vic.gov.au"