[AusNOG] Alternative to NBN?

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Thu May 19 19:02:49 EST 2011

Mmmm, if the NBN ever gets up this far North (Broome) I'll be interested to know how they figure that one out.
Dry season (winter) won't be a problem, 8 months of wall to wall blue sky, cool and dry, but summer on the other hand, 4 months of heat, humidity and regular kick arse tropical rain and heavy storms!

This is one of my all time favourites, I took it in 2006
http://www.vk6ksj.net/gallery/rls121106/32rls121106

Actually, does anyone know who owns the dark fibre which is apparently going straight past us and ends somewhere near One Arm Point?
My work pays Telstra as much for 100meg backhaul from Broome to Perth as they do for 1gig backhaul from Perth to Sydney with another provider.