[AusNOG] DC POPs

Daniel Hooper dhooper at gold.net.au
Tue May 10 12:20:35 EST 2011

Hi Tim,

We use Eaton APS rectifiers to feed our 48v equipment, APS3-059 is pretty much our standard kit as it includes battery charging breakers, 3 48v rectifiers onboard with an snmp enabled Ethernet management card so we can pull our stats remotely. Unfortunately to my knowledge they don't offer a remote reboot ability, each rectifier has its own AC feed so you can split your AC input over multiple sources.

As for dual voltage pops, we try and keep everything DC, a pair of APS's and strings of batteries seems to be fairly unstoppable, AC UPS don't seem to scale very well, pure DC based systems we can literally just keep adding batteries to increase our capacity as needed.

Regards,

Daniel