[AusNOG] Labor backflips again.......

Glenn Powell Glenno at glenno.com
Thu Mar 24 22:03:24 EST 2011

Im still scratching my head as to why the NBN fibre foot print doesn't
encompass the ADSL footprint. NBN taking over the copper network for
10yrs and the services running over it (ADSL not just dial tone) just
seems to confuse the whole NBN foundation argument. Maybe the smart
service providers will move their CBD DSLAM equipment from fibre'd areas
out to regional areas and draw out another few years of ROI on their
capital.

Anyway, I call the next backflip will be when the cost of labour blows
out, the 97% Fibre foot print will be wound back and supplemented with
VDSL style technologies while deployment is stretched out until labour
pressures reduce.

Glenn.