[AusNOG] Hurricane Electric Fremont DC

Jonathan Thorpe jthorpe at Conexim.com.au
Tue Mar 15 08:46:29 EST 2011

Hi Greg,

I'm heading over there in a couple of weeks to set up some equipment, so I'll let you know :)

We're committing to a small initial amount of space there, however the challenge we've had is with power. We are starting with 7RU of space which is limited to 2A (at 110V) and we're right on the edge of going over with a 1RU Dell server and small Juniper firewall for a particular project, so it will be interesting to see what happens with that.

I can't speak for remote hands, however it seemed they were more than happy to install a server for us and get the remote management working. As far as networking is concerned, they seemed more than capable of handling our requests for configuring BGP (IPv4 and IPv6) and routing.

Kind Regards,
Jonathan

From: ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Greg M
Sent: Monday, 14 March 2011 11:55 PM
To: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: [AusNOG] Hurricane Electric Fremont DC

Hi Noggers,

If anyone has any (on or off-list) feedback they wish to share about colocation at Hurricane Electric (specifically their Fremont datacentre) it would be appreciated. I know there are people on this list who use their facilities.

We are about to take up a few racks of space at that datacentre, however since we are based in AU, all of our server and networking setup as well as remote hands is going to be managed entirely by he.net's staff.

Given it is an expensive trip from WA to California, we would like having to avoid $3k return flights every time something goes wrong, and have the confidence that their remote hands will be able to handle it for us! We will also be utilising their network, so if anyone has any feedback on that, it would be appreciated also!

Thanks kindly in advance,

Greg