[AusNOG] Amazon: And the winner is (not) Sydney

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Thu Mar 3 12:21:20 EST 2011

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Alastair Waddell wrote:
> AWS new region - any insiders know if the long wait for an Aus region might end soon?

I asked an Amazon guy a couple of months back, sounded like Sydney was
on the shortlist.

I was looking at pricing for dedicated servers+bandwidth in Australia just
recently. Discouraged that a lousy 1TB/month costs $500 when I can
easily get 5TB/month for half that in the US or EU.

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.