[AusNOG] Android storing SSID and WPA encryption keys

Brad Gould bradley at internode.com.au
Thu Jun 16 21:23:55 EST 2011

No, I think its the fact that this info is in the wild.

If bad people gain access to this data then a list of ssid/keys could be generated, giving you a very small solution set to gain access to potential priveleged wireless networks(*).

It is yet another way that compromising a google account can be used for nefarious means.

(*) PWN. They should not exist but we all know they do.

Brad