[AusNOG] optus/telstra 3g frequencies & HWIC

Marc van Hoof mvanh at cisco.com
Tue Jul 26 11:06:07 EST 2011

Hi Tony,

Regarding your queries about the Cisco 3G Interface card range, you are
correct that the HWIC variants of the card come in either a HWIC-3G-HSPA
(850/1900/2100MHz) or a HWIC-3G-HSPA-G (900/1900/2100MHz). These are the
only options for the original ISR Generaion 1 (1841/2800/3800 Series
routers)

The ISR Generation 2 has the capability to accept these modules, however can
also take the newer eHWIC (enhanced High-speed WAN Interface Card), of which
there is the EHWIC-3G-HSPA-U as detailed in the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/ps7272/data_sheet_
c78-659405.html

This module is Quad band WCDMA/UMTS (850/900/1900/2100MHz) and supports HSPA
7.2/5.76.

Over the next couple of weeks, we will release a R7 version of this module,
that will support 21Mbps on the downlink, and 5.76Mbps (upgradable to
11Mbps) on the uplink.

Remember that the eHWIC will only work on the ISR Generation 2 routers
(1900/2900/3900 Series)

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
/marc.

---
Marc van Hoof