[AusNOG] usb -> comm adapter

Shaun Ewing shaun at shaun.net
Wed Jul 20 14:40:11 EST 2011

On 20/07/2011, at 2:05 PM, James Troy wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>                 Just got a new laptop from work and it turns out they got me one with no comm. Ports, which makes it hard to console to just about anything, anyone got any recommendations/horror stories for the many different brand usb adapters?

I've always had success with the Keyspan USB serial adapters, and they work on both PC and Mac:
http://www.expansys.com.au/keyspan-high-speed-usb-serial-adapter-121827/

Used them with no hassles to connect to everything from switches/routers through to programming phone and access control systems.

The last laptop I purchased with a serial port was about 5 years ago :)

-Shaun

--
Shaun Ewing | +61 422 804 537 | shaun at shaun.net | http://shaun.net/