[AusNOG] Massive GlobalSwitch outage?

Van Der Meulen, Mark Mark.VanDerMeulen at travelex.com.au
Thu Jul 14 11:34:48 EST 2011

We lost power Rail 2 on Level 2. We also lost Pacnet until just now, and
we also lost our Pipe Dark fibre at the start of the outage for about 8
minutes. The Dark Fibre going down was our first notification of an
issue.

We are still not sure is Power Rail 1 had issues because some of our
Power Rail 1 Only devices are playing games.

I am here with every other IT guy in Sydney, looks like everyone had the
same issue. Please note though that your power may not come back up with
GlobalSwitch restoring services - if you have a lot of devices on your
circuit they may need to bring up each of your circuits one by one, as
per our case.

Mark