[AusNOG] IPocalypse eve?

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon Jan 31 09:07:37 EST 2011

I'm just watching the video of Geoff at Linux.conf.au<http://linux.conf.au/>
(http://linuxconfau.blip.tv/file/4692762/) and just as your email came
through the following question was being asked and answered (~42 mins in) :

Q: "For the final IANA allocation you said early February.  From things
various people have said, there is actually a day. Can you tell us the day?"

Geoff : "I'd love to be able to tell you that, but no unfortunately I can't.
I would however advise that if you start looking at the schedule of meetings
over the next few weeks and try and find where meetings are on this planet
you might actually have a decent clue as to when, but literally we have
reached that point and things will be happening in the next few weeks
obviously.  Umm, it's all over"

He hadn't actually said "early February" - just "February, and not late
February, and not even mid February".

  Scott.