[AusNOG] AAPT @ Riverside 123 Eagle

Ryan Benson mail at ryanbenson.net
Thu Jan 13 13:06:14 EST 2011

Yup, they put out this update earlier. Their main trunk to the Gold
Coast went down at about 1.30am, they say its due to power shutdown of
some equipment in Brisbane.

Impact of Queensland Floods on the AAPT Network –
13 January 2011, 9.30am update

On Monday 10th January, AAPT experienced an outage in a number of
fibre routes that carry traffic between Sydney and Brisbane. This
outage was caused by the current extensive flooding.   The AAPT
network team is actively managing the impact on our network and has
provided various redundant solutions for many of these routes.  It is
not yet known when the affected areas will return to normal service.

AAPT is currently assessing our equipment sites located within the
Queensland area.  It is important to note that our Central Office site
(our Brisbane Data Centre) that houses customer infrastructure
(located in Fortitude Valley) is currently under no threat of
flooding. As of 9.30am today, 13 January, there have been no changes
to the AAPT sites; however our network team is continuing to monitor
the situation closely.
The AAPT Brisbane office remains closed allowing our staff to focus on
their personal situations.