[AusNOG] nextgen and flooding

Justin Twiss Justin.Twiss at bekkers.com.au
Wed Jan 12 19:37:47 EST 2011

Just had a report from NextGen advising that connectivity across the alternate Syd-Bris route has been restored.

Second Interim Update: 6.41PM, Wednesday 12 January

The electronics fault referenced below has been corrected and Sydney - Brisbane communications are now restored.

We will provide a more detailed update tomorrow.

Interim Update: 5.56PM, Wednesday 12 January

We currently have an outage on the alternate main cable between Brisbane and Sydney
The fault appears to be an equipment fault at Viny Creek area, which is midway between Brisbane and Sydney.
Fault details are being confirmed. We have a technician on site. .
While it is too early to be definitive, we are hopeful that service will be restored this evening.

We will send an update immediately that we have further information.

-JT

Justin Twiss
Hosting Manager