[AusNOG] Brisbane?

Greg Macsok greg.macsok at bgeeng.com
Tue Jan 11 14:08:37 EST 2011

We have just been advised that the local power utility will be shutting off an entire grid section of Brisbane CBD's power and have been told to turn off all equipment.

Luckily for us, we aren't a datacentre and are only having to shut down two servers in our local office.

After speaking with others locally, it appears it isn't an isolated issue - large sections of the CBD are being forcibly evacuated - no chances are being taken.

Greg