[AusNOG] Flooding in Rockhampton - What can AUSNOG do?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Jan 9 13:53:14 EST 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 09:40 +0800, Kai wrote:

> I didn't think the aerodrome would be open so soon but if anyone needs
> to get hardware/personell in there for anything Rockhampton Aero Club is
> operational again.

Current NOTAM says otherwise

C0025/11 REVIEW C0019/11
AD NOT AVBL DUE FLOODING

       RWY 15/33 AVBL FOR EMERG OPS FOLLOWING ASSESSMENT
       BY DUTY SAFETY OFFICER TEL 0409 368 314
       FROM 01 041135 TO 01 180700 EST

Not to mention...

TEMPO RESTRICTED AREA

       WI 7NM RADIUS OF ROCKHAMPTON AIRPORT DUE TO RESCUE OPS

I doubt network related business is regarded as "emergency operations" ,
unless your telstra/optus restoring phone comms etc