[AusNOG] Flooding in Rockhampton - What can AUSNOG do?

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Sat Jan 8 15:42:57 EST 2011

Don't forget the Carnarvon/Gascoyne floods in WA, relatively speaking
there's been bugger all media coverage on that flood but it's not like
it's any less critical, flood levels not seen since the 1960's, people
being airlifted out, millions of dollars in damage/loss and mess that
will take months to clean up.

There's one thing I don't understand, the Federal Government has pledged
tens (or hundreds) of millions to Pakistan's floods yet they they won't
help out in their own backyard? Queenslanders are getting scraps in
comparison and Perth lord mayer is asking for donations for the Gascoyne
in WA...

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2010/12/22/3099427.htm

There's a note on www.pakistan.com.au "what if every single Australian
woke up tomorrow to find themselves homeless?", well a good chunk of
Queensland doesn't have a home atm and the Gascoyne's just as bad, so we
can help another country after we've sorted out our own problems.