[AusNOG] NBN legislation - submissions due tomorrow

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Feb 23 22:02:24 EST 2011

On 23/02/2011 6:36 PM, Grahame Lynch wrote:
> That's interesting Paul because we were being briefed from certain quarters that the
> volume discount provision would be dropped. But there is is in BLACK and WHITE

There could be an explanation for this - these are precisely the same documents that
were subject to public submissions back in March 2010 before being handed to
parliament. This time they are part of a second review due to being referred to the
Senate committee. Perhaps the briefing you refer to is due to changes of heart from
the first consultation process, but the document hasn't been revised yet.

Or the briefing could have just been blowing smoke in your ear.

Either way, I feel its not a bad idea to ensure the Senate committee that has to
report on this doesn't let the people from certain quarters forget to drop the
provision so they redraft it.

 Paul.