[AusNOG] Qld and cyclone

Matt S matt at mtt.me
Wed Feb 2 22:58:16 EST 2011

Damage to exchanges and cell sites is the obvious one, and cell sites going down is a major concern. Apparently the high voltage lines supplying power to the north have not experienced a category five storm, and could possibly be damaged. If they go down, so does all of north queensland's electricity and potentially a chunk of telecommunications (due to possible fiber in the ground wire). I guess we won't really know for certain until tomorrow morning.