[AusNOG] FREE!!!111 Net Master

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Dec 21 09:28:19 EST 2011

On 21/12/2011, at 7:05, Mark Newton wrote:
> Does anyone know how to set sysctl's in iOS?  MacOS supports dual stack on point-to-point links (PPPoE, VPN, etc) if you set net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv to 1, and theoretically the VPN client in the iPad/iPhone should too because it's using essentially the same kernel, but I can't work out how to set nerd-knobs on those devices.

You'd have to jailbreak it, after that you can set them.

I think iOS accepts rtadv by default though since on my wifi it gets IPv6 connectivity.. I haven't tried it over a VPN though.

That said I suppose it might be accepting it only on the wifi interface, but OSX doesn't appear to have a per-interface flag for that (not one that shows up in ifconfig anyway).

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum