[AusNOG] [off-topic] Samsung Note!

Adam Brotherson domske at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:59:39 EST 2011

Has anyone been able to find these cheaper than ~$700AU? Doesn't seem
to be available via any major carriers.

Perhaps I'll have to wait till next year but I really want one now -
looks like the perfect fit between a smart phone and a tablet -
exactly what I'm looking for.

Adam

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Christopher Pollock
<chris at ionetworks.com.au> wrote:
> From memory, the Note has a capacitive touchscreen for fingers, and that the
> stylus input was a Wacom-styled thing, so you were free to use either?  (as
> opposed to the iDevice stylii which are bulky and imprecise)
>
> --
> Christopher Pollock,
> io Networks Pty Ltd.
> e. chris at ionetworks.com.au
> p. 1300 1 2 4 8 16
> m. 0410 747 765
> skype: christopherpollock
> http://www.ionetworks.com.au
> In-house, Outsourced.
>

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Dobbins, Roland <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:
>>

>> On Dec 14, 2011, at 4:15 PM, Grahame Lynch wrote:
>>
>> > Got one. Loving it
>>
>> Styli are annoying, though.  I got so tired of battery life issues in iOS
>> 5.x that I got a Samsung Galaxy S II, rooted it and put CyanogenMod on it.
>>  Very happy - it's powerful (has packet-generator apps, et. al.), has better
>> battery life, gorgeous display, haptic feedback for on-screen typting and
>> has field-replaceable batteries.
>>
>> Perhaps the Note is the same phone, with a stylus?

Kind Regards,

Adam Brotherson
0405 523 838