[AusNOG] NBN must avoid becoming 'failed state'

Roland Chan roland at chan.id.au
Tue Sep 21 14:58:01 EST 2010

I don't see this as as NBN specific issue.

I see a large security gap between our current state and the ability
of our customers to treat the Internet as a utility. I'm sure some
parts of vendor-space will view that as good for their margins, but if
we accept the goal of Internet ubiquity we have no choice but to
commoditise everything we currently do and a great deal besides,
security included.

A drive from the NBN could be tremendously helpful.