[AusNOG] NBN must avoid becoming 'failed state'

Jason Bailey jason at naughtymonkeys.net
Mon Sep 20 20:11:34 EST 2010

On 20/09/2010 5:31 PM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:
>> It seems to me that you're drawing some kind of equivalency here between
>> violent bloody death and SYN floods.
>
> I didn't draw that equivalency - Jason Bailey did.

I did no such thing.

I did fail to make my point clear with that comment however. Which was
that disconnecting all of an RSP's users due to a single user security
issue was not a good idea. Primarily because it has thee potential to
negatively impact the general public, not to mention the many other
issues it would create.

Anyway, I'm staying out of this now. :)

Jason