[AusNOG] Cisco 6500 with Sup 720 3BXL - Good routing platform ??

McDonald Richards macca at vocus.com.au
Mon Sep 20 16:11:34 EST 2010

I'm going to go out on a limb here and hate on the 6500/7600 and it's edge
functionality as well. The CBWFQ QOS was completely non-existant back when I
was using the things and they were only ever really good for infrastructure
roles (between other devices inside your administrative domain).

Things may have changed in the more modern line cards and modules like the
ES20s etc, but based on the pricing the original poster was talking about,
it sounds like this is an ebay purchase and not something new from Cisco as
those cards go for a whole lot more.

Macca