[AusNOG] Cisco 6500 with Sup 720 3BXL - Good routing platform ??

Brad Gould bradley at internode.com.au
Mon Sep 20 15:35:49 EST 2010

On 20/09/2010 13:56, Dobbins, Roland wrote:
> I content that 6500/7600 with current hardware isn't a useful edge platform on any network of any size due to its NetFlow issues, uRPF issues, and ACL construction issues.  Many years of experience in dealing with countless problems caused by these deficiencies, both hands-on in networks for which I was responsible as well as working with SPs making use of these platforms in their own networks, have led me to this conclusion.

Well, it looks like I need to find a bunch of new routers then?

Thats a claim backed by little real world evidence given the sheer
number of 7600/6500 out in the wild - perhaps your too narrowly defining
"suitability" down to "what I personally want the box to do".

Brad

--
Brad Gould, Network Engineer
Internode