[AusNOG] Cisco 6500 with Sup 720 3BXL - Good routing platform ??

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Mon Sep 20 15:11:25 EST 2010

On 20/09/10 14:26, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2010, at 11:16 AM, Jason Bailey wrote:
>
>> However here in Australia ISPs have successfully used them for Netflow based billing for years.
>
> I doubt that very seriously.  sh mls netflow table-contention will likely show a different side of things.

Why doubt it. I'd be completely unsurprised to find some ISP's have been
underbilling by a large amount due to netflow bugs.

In fact we had a former architect for a giant Australian ISP working for
us a while back who told stories of Cisco 12k's being doubled in some
PoP's and traffic counts (which were used for billing) going up by 80%
despite little rise in actual traffic.

Now, as to whether any ISP's with enough tech clue to be on AusNOG have
that issue today I'd doubt it.