[AusNOG] NBN must avoid becoming 'failed state'

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sun Sep 19 16:54:01 EST 2010

On Sep 19, 2010, at 8:09 AM, Dmitri Kalintsev wrote:

> We should also not forget that in NBN world RSPs will still have a CPE under their full control on end-user premises, which they could use to implement said "tactical measures" without NBN Co's help.

Unfortunately, one can't count on the CPE remaining under the control of the RSP.

Another point made in the presentation is that standards must be set for the security-related functionality of said CPE, so that RSPs (and the WSP, if necessary) can take appropriate action to mitigate attacks.

 	       Sell your computer and buy a guitar.