[AusNOG] Peering IX in EQX

Karl Kloppenborg karl at karltec.net
Mon Sep 13 11:42:01 EST 2010

Hi Noggers,

A mate and myself got together and have decided to setup a peering exchange recently, before I continue don't get me wrong this is no pipe networks, this is just a project between two mates who have always wanted to setup our own peering IX.

We currently have the following infrastructure:

2x Vyatta routers for running the show.

2x 3750 switches for our distribution switches (WS-C3750G-24TS)

2x 3500 Modular cisco's for our core switches (also allowing us for both fibre and ethernet cross connect) [WS-C3508G-XL]

I know its not much but we are hoping that some people can jump onboard with us to make the experience worthwhile, we currently have two AS's peering with us as of last night.
Currently we would not be charging any fees to connect, there would just be the EQX cross connect fee.

We have basically filtered off all prefixes so if you do jump onboard you will need to provide us with the AS number plus the prefixes you want to advertise, we have also setup a bandwidth monitoring server so you can see what your pushing across our IX and also the total volume going across.

Details:
IX name: Lets-Peer IX
ASNumber: AS131229
Current POP's: SYD1 (we will be opening in SYD2 very shortly)
Typical connectivity: Gbit Ethernet or Fibre
IPv4: Enabled
IPv6: Enabled (We would also be pleased if we can get lots of IPv6 peering going as the project was originally designed for this)
Domain: lets-peer.com.au [ Will have a website with the monitoring and registration up soon]

If you are interested in doing some peering with us for our project then shoot me an email, would be happy to talk you!

Do note: this is not a sales pitch, the IX is not for profit (for now ;P)

Cheers guys, see you at AusNOG!

Cheers!
Karl Kloppenborg