[AusNOG] Film industry soliciting DDOS attacks?

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Fri Sep 10 14:05:12 EST 2010

On Sep 10, 2010, at 10:37 AM, Vitaly Osipov wrote:

> These days it is easy to spin one up quite legally in, say, Amazon cloud for a reasonable price, although it is of course not as cheap as illegal ones, which go for a few bucks an hour for DoS capacity in hundreds mbps/gigabits of traffic.

The miscreants are certainly trying to make use of cloud services for various types of badness, usually paid for with stolen credit cards, and the cloud providers are constantly combatting this phenomenon.]

> Arbor knows that, I am sure.

Yes, we do.  Although the conceptual leap from 'we all know that bad guys make use of botnets built from compromised hosts as well as misusing IaaS/VPS services whenever possible' to 'imminent government plans issue letters of marque and reprisal to botmasters for DDoS attacks, botmasters awarded George Cross' isn't one I'm quite prepared to make, at this juncture.

;>

 	       Sell your computer and buy a guitar.