[AusNOG] Film industry soliciting DDOS attacks?

Vitaly Osipov vitaly.osipov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 13:16:57 EST 2010

Under Australian law (specifically section 477.3 of the Criminal Code
Act 1995 as mentioned in the article) only *unauthorised* impairment
of connectivity is illegal, with *unauthorised* excluding the
following (476.2):

                             (i)  under a warrant issued under the law
of the Commonwealth, a State or a Territory; or

                            (ii)  under an emergency authorisation
given to the person under Part 3 of the Surveillance Devices Act 2004
or under a law of a State or Territory that makes provision to similar
effect; or

                           (iii)  under a tracking device
authorisation given to the person under section 39 of that Act;

So in Australia they could simply get a warrant from the government.

Regards,
Vitaly